Saturday, January 17, 2009

Fun and games.

So, here I am slinking about the city, keeping my eyes peeled and my steps light, when I run into a woman I have an interest in, and a man I had never crossed pathes with before.

Being very interested in keeping myself from the public eye, I lurked beneath the awning in the rain, the dim dusk light lending to my shelter. He, it appears has only recently arrived, and oh how eagar he seemed to me. Excited to be in the city, fresh off the farm. And who do you think this man happened upon, on his first big adventure? Well thats another tale on its own.

I could not resist it, something just urged me towards him while the pair of them carried on an inane conversation. I slipped right up behind him you see, watching, listening, and then he, behaving like a preening peacock to the lady with whom he shared his company, announced he was going to venture into the woods. His companion warned him, that it was dangerous out there, demons running amok and all that annoyance. He laughed, and said he would charge more for his finds.

It was then, that I had to speak up, and perhaps stop this man from getting himself killed. So I whispered to him, 'take the warning'. Of course, I had to throw in a dash of sinister, just to put the fear in him. The more he tried to be brave about it, the more funny he seemed as his courage began to slip. I was enjoying it. The more he reacted to my intimidation, the more amusing he became.

I promised him I would visit him again....soon.

I think I shall.

No comments:

Post a Comment