Sunday, January 11, 2009

What have I done?

I am free from my past, in the most poignant example of irony I have seen to date. The world, I have observed, is at its best when it is upside down. And that is happening now, and most move along in their lives, oblivious to the significance of recent events. Things are shifting, the tribes of the moon are between the cracks, working always.

As I said, I am indeed free now, in a way I have never experienced, and yet I wish I had possessed the faculties to ask the question "but at what cost?". But as it happens, hind sight is slanted thing is it not? I did not ask at the time, and now I am set upon a path that there is no wavering from, there is no room for doubt, or all will be undone, and I will be lost entirely.

I could try to say to myself, I did not know what the offer meant, but I can not pretend to be entirely ignorant. Something drew me in from the start and I let it happen. Perhaps not all the details, and definitely not the twist that was thrown in at the end. One I never saw coming, and
I can not say, even now, that I regret the price. I kept at bay, the few people who may have changed the outcome dramatically, and yet still may. But a much harsher, more violent outcome is now likely. If there is anything I regret at this moment, it is that.

There is something at risk in this, that is dear to me and I hope beyond hope, that somehow I can keep my Treasure.


.......so now all things must change, and preparations made, and prayers....so many prayers to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment